Wednesday, May 18, 2011

Interview with the Stars of "What Money Can't Buy"


Available Now at B&N

What Money Can’t Buy, the sequel to Expectations, finds the two couples, Chris and Aiden and Matt and Carley, eagerly anticipating parenthood. However, their personal struggles continue. Though Matt overcame his dependency on alcohol, new temptations present themselves. And with Carley on bed rest, these temptations put a greater strain on their relationship. Chris continues to deal with issues regarding his father. These issues increase with greater proximity. When tragedy strikes, the best and worst in everyone is revealed. Can they stick together, or will their reactions tear them apart?

Terry Tringer Interview with the Stars of ‘What Money Can’t Buy’ Characters

Terry: Welcome audience. Today we’re joined by some of the characters of Liz Borino’s Contemporary Romance, What Money Can’t Buy, the sequel to Expectations. Here are the Taylor twins and their respective partners.

Chris: Actually, Aiden is my husband.

Carley: Yet, Matt isn’t mine.

Matt: And here we go.

Terry: I’m sorry, what’s going on here?

Aiden: Nothing aside from you opening a can of worms.  Let’s watch it bite us all in the ass. *big grin*

Matt: *Glares at Aiden before turning back to Terry* It’s honestly nothing. I’m sure we had this meeting scheduled for something more important than this…

Chris: It’s an interview, not a meeting. Apparently, we’re interesting. I don’t see it.

Terry: I think this is already interesting. I understand congratulations are in order. You’re both expecting children in the next few months.

Aiden: *shares a smile with Chris*Yes, my sister is having our kids, well, his. We have no desire for children with three heads.

Chris: *takes Aiden’s hand*Yeah, two heads are fine with us. We’re having twins.

Terry: That’s beautiful. You two must be very excited. What about you, Matt?

Matt: I’m also very excited to be having a baby. Though, one is fine for me.

Carley: Just one, Matt?

Matt: *sighs and faces her* For now, unless there’s something you aren’t telling me. I mean you aren’t big enough to be having two.

Carley: But I’m big enough to be having one?

Matt: *blinks and looks at Chris then back to her* I…don’t know how to answer that.

Aiden: No, Carley, people think you’re lying when you say you’re pregnant. That’s how good you look.

Matt: *gives Aiden a sidelong glance* You’re completely wasted on the gay community.

Chris: Well, it’s a good thing I have him all to myself then, isn’t it?

Matt: *squeezes his eyes shut*

Terry: Something wrong, Matt?

Matt: No, I’m sorry. I just have this headache. I’ll be fine.

Terry: So, let’s go back to Carley’s earlier comment. About not being married how do you both feel about that?

Matt: Are you kidding me?

Carley: It’s a fair question.

Matt: No it’s not. He’s fishing, looking for drama. Please don’t give it to him.

Chris: Did you think that would work?

Matt: I hoped.

Carley: Do you see? They’re all for each other and against me.  

Chris: No one is against you, Carley. I’m mocking my brother.

Carley: *turns back to Terry* I’m not thrilled with the relationship situation. He’s always got something more important to do than be with me.

Matt: Like work at our company? Bring in clients to give our baby a good life?

Carley: Really? You’re pulling the money card? Do you want to tell everyone how much you inherited from your father?

Terry: Inherited? I wasn’t aware your father died.

Aiden: He didn’t, he had a stroke. It turned him to a vegetable. But before that happened, the twins got their trust funds for doing what made their father happy. Well, a version of what made him happy. *takes Chris’s hand*

Matt: *cringes and rubs his head before getting up* I’m sorry. I need to go take care of this headache.

Chris: *exchanges a look with Carley* Is his head that bad?

Carley: I don’t know how he concentrates at work sometimes. I really worry about him.

Terry: So, you do love Matt?

Carley: Of course I love him! He’s the father of my baby. I would’ve walked away a long time ago if I wasn’t so in love with him. I just wish some things were different…

Matt: *walks back in and sits down* Sorry about that.

Terry: That’s fine. Let’s go back to your father. Who’s taking care of him?

Matt: Did I sleep with your wife sometime in the past?

Terry: *looks around*I’m not married…

Matt: Sister? I’m just trying to figure out what I did to make you hate me.

Aiden: *sighs* He has a nurse named Sarah, whom Matt’s gotten friendly with.

Terry: Really? And, Carley, you’re not happy with this are you?

Carley: Would you be happy if your boyfriend got close to another woman while you were pregnant?

Matt: Honey, stop with the logic. It’s not helping.

Carley: Not helping who? You or him? You don’t want to understand my issue with this. Otherwise, you might have to realize you’re wrong and change.  

Matt: *looks at Terry* Please tell me what I did to you.


Terry: Unfortunately, that’s all the time we have. To see how these relationships are tested by their respective pregnancies, Matt’s headaches, and Sarah herself, pick up What Money Can’t Buy by Liz Borino.

Interview with Liz Borino: Click Here

Don't forget to come back on Friday, May 20, 2011 for the guest blog by Liz Borino and the announcement of the winner for the free e-copy of "Expectations"  WooHoo!  

1 comment:

  1. Okay, so I have not read the first book and have no frame of reference, but that was fascinating. They all seem to have such personality. I love Matt already, I do, the whole woe is me thing.

    This was great!

    ReplyDelete